The Kirby School website (“Website”) is both the property of and operated by Georgiana Bruce Kirby Preparatory School, “Kirby School”, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Comments or questions may be sent by mail to Kirby School, 425 Encinal Street, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 or by telephone at 831-423-0658 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page informs you of our policy regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you on the site. This policy is your guide to how we will handle information we learn about you from your visit to our website.
Information We Voluntarily Collect and Use
On certain pages of this website, Kirby School may request that you provide personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This may include but is not limited to your name, phone number, and email address.
We collect personal information through submission forms so that we may respond to requests for information about program offerings at Kirby School including events and admissions inquiries.
Information We Collect Automatically (“Log Data”)
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., YourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or YourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Third Party Service Providers
We use third-party service providers to perform certain services, including purchasing event tickets and collecting donations you generously make towards Kirby School programs. The third-party service providers may collect your bank or credit card information if you submit a payment, but that information is not passed on to Kirby School. The third parties are responsible for conforming to information security industry standards for online transactions.
We respect your privacy. Except as might be required by law, we do not share any information we receive with any outside parties. We abide by all applicable laws concerning the release of your personal information. While Kirby will not sell any personally identifiable information, some third parties may be able to collect personally identifiable information through your use of this website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.